If you are planning to go on a cruise vacation some cruise packing tips might be exactly what you need to get the most out of it. A cruise vacation can be one of the most joyful experiences in your entire life however knowing what to carry to your vacation is essential in order to avoid any unnecessary inconveniences. First the destination of the cruise determines the type of clothing you are likely to use more often. For example if you are going to an Alaskan one you will need more cold weather clothing like jackets and sweaters.
In a Caribbean cruise you will not need any kind of cold clothing so you will have more space for bathing suits and casual wear. The amount of time you are going to spend on the cruise is very important too. A 3 day cruise will require way less clothing to carry than a week long one. The itinerary of the ship has to be considered too. Some will spend more time in the sea than others. That means you can spend more time in the pool which could require more bathing suits. When cruises are in ports often you are more likely to spend the time exploring the new area than staying in the pool.
There are a couple of cruise packing tips that you must always keep in mind before traveling:
1. Make a list of the things you are going to carry to your vacation. A week before going to the cruise is a good moment to start writing the list.
2. Carry at least one pair of shoes for formal activities and another pair for casual wearing.
3. Label your luggage with a unique tag so you are able to identify it quickly to prevent any luggage mix ups.
4. Carry sea sickness medication with you just in case.
5. Take at least one formal suite or dress with you preferably outside the suitcase to prevent wrinkles. Seven days cruises usually have 1 to 2 formal nights so plan for those occasions.
6. Do not forget your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hairbrush, and the rest of your toiletries.
7. One of the most important cruise packing tips is to make sure you have your cruise ticket, passport and credit card before leaving home.
8. Bring some cash like 300 dollars at least to pay for excursions and get around.
9. In terms of clothing you can bring a couple of jeans, enough underwear for the whole duration of the cruise, sandals, shoes, a couple of T shirts and some shorts for those hot days.
10. Depending on your priorities bringing a cell phone could be important too and remember the charger.
11. Bring a couple of laundry bags for your dirty clothes.
12. The last of the cruise packing tips is to always bring a small portable iron in case your clothes get wrinkled and you need them to look good for example the formal nights.
Remember that good planning can make the difference between a normal and the vacation of a lifetime.